This journal is open access journal distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/), which permits unlimited use, distribution and reproduction in any medium so long as the original work is properly cited.
- Open Access is a publishing model where the electronic copy of the article is made freely available with permission for sharing and redistribution. The author(s) and copyright holder(s) grant to all users a free, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right of access and a license to copy, use, distribute, transmit and display the work publicly and to make and distribute derivative works in any digital medium for any responsible purpose, subject to proper attribution of authorship, as well as the right to make small number of printed copies for their personal use. Currently, all articles published in EAI Transactions series are Open Access under the terms of the Creative Commons with Attribution license and published in the European Union Digital Library.
- Community standards, rather than copyright law, will continue to provide the mechanism for enforcement of proper attribution and responsible use of the published work.
- Open Access articles are known to enjoy a citation and dissemination advantage over other forms of research publication.
- No longer is there a need to ask permission to reuse text or figures from your own publications!
- Open Access does not require authors to transfer copyright to the publisher, thus it is compatible with the novel publication policies of universities such as Princeton, which forbid copyright transfer.