Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Management, Business, Applied Science, Engineering and Sustainability Development, ICMASES 2019, 9-10 February 2019, Malang, Indonesia

Research Article

The Effect of Compensation on Ships Crew Performance of Floating Crane Ratu Giok-2 (Case Study at PT. Kartika Samudra Adijaya)

Download301 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.3-8-2019.2290751,
        author={L  Barasa and B  Sumali and P  Nancy and Cardiana  Cardiana},
        title={The Effect of Compensation on Ships Crew Performance of Floating Crane Ratu Giok-2 (Case Study at PT. Kartika Samudra Adijaya)},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Management, Business, Applied Science, Engineering and Sustainability Development, ICMASES 2019, 9-10 February 2019, Malang, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICMASES},
        year={2020},
        month={1},
        keywords={direct compensation indirect compensation and ships crew performance},
        doi={10.4108/eai.3-8-2019.2290751}
    }
    
  • L Barasa
    B Sumali
    P Nancy
    Cardiana Cardiana
    Year: 2020
    The Effect of Compensation on Ships Crew Performance of Floating Crane Ratu Giok-2 (Case Study at PT. Kartika Samudra Adijaya)
    ICMASES
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.3-8-2019.2290751
L Barasa1,*, B Sumali1, P Nancy1, Cardiana Cardiana1
  • 1: STIP Jakarta, Indonesia
*Contact email: larsenbarasa@gmail.com

Abstract

Crew of the ship is a very important component in supporting the ship operations of shipping company. Bad performance can prevent companies for reaching their objectives. In the process of work, ship’s crew get compensation contains direct compensation and indirect compensation. The Purpose of this research is to analyze how much the effect of compensation on ship crew performance of FC. Ratu Giok-2 with data analysis techniques using Simple Linear Regression Methode. Ratu Giok-2, data obtained through questionnaries and process with SPSS program. Based on analysis of determinant coefficient get 57%. This is indicate that percentage of compensation variable contribution to ship crew performance variable is 57%, the other 43% is effected by other variable ouside the research such as training, competence, motivation, and etc. Its mean that compensation variable has a positive and significant effect on ships crew performance. Based on the calculation of average score of each indikator on compensation variable through questionnaries, the lowest score is basic salary indicator. This is indicate that ships crew feels that the basic salary which they got from company not fulfill their needs. Then the lowest score in ships crew performance variable is efficient work indicator. Its show that ships crew feels that they haven’t work quickly, accurately, and safely.