Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Management, Business, Applied Science, Engineering and Sustainability Development, ICMASES 2019, 9-10 February 2019, Malang, Indonesia

Research Article

The Effect of Recruitment and Job Training (Case Study at PT. Amas Iscindo Utama)

Download271 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.3-8-2019.2290733,
        author={A G Malau and A K Gufron and S  Lutfiyani},
        title={The Effect of Recruitment and Job Training (Case Study at PT. Amas Iscindo Utama)},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Management, Business, Applied Science, Engineering and Sustainability Development, ICMASES 2019, 9-10 February 2019, Malang, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICMASES},
        year={2020},
        month={1},
        keywords={recruitment job training and ship crew performance},
        doi={10.4108/eai.3-8-2019.2290733}
    }
    
  • A G Malau
    A K Gufron
    S Lutfiyani
    Year: 2020
    The Effect of Recruitment and Job Training (Case Study at PT. Amas Iscindo Utama)
    ICMASES
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.3-8-2019.2290733
A G Malau1,*, A K Gufron1, S Lutfiyani1
  • 1: STIP (Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Pelayaran) Jakarta, Indonesia
*Contact email: aprilgunawan228@gmail.com

Abstract

Every shipping company requires competent and qualified crews to help the company’s goals. Human resource planning, in this case, is the crew includes the recruitment process and the provision of work training carried out to improve the performance of the crew. Aims of this study to find out how much influence the recruitment and job training on the crew performance of PT. AmasIscindoUtama with data analysis techniques using Multiple Regression Method. Independent variables in this study are recruitment and job training variables, while the dependent variable is the crew performance. Based on the results of the study obtained results for the recruitment variable (X1) tcount>ttable(4.270> 2.048), job training variables (X2) with tcount>ttable (11.336> 2.048). While the Fcount>Ftable (246.440> 3.35) then the hypothesis is accepted. And based on the coefficient of determination (R2) the value is 0.504. It shows that the percentage of recruitment and job training variables contributed to the crew's performance variable was 94.8% while the remaining 5.2% was influenced by other variables outside this study such as compensation, motivation, competence, etc. It means that the recruitment and job training variables have a positive influence on the crew’s performance of PT. AmasIscindoUtama.