Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Science, Education and Technology, ISET 2019, 29th June 2019, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia

Research Article

The Influence of Learning Coding Interest on Learning Outcomes of Web Programming and Mobile Devices Subjects

Download213 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.29-6-2019.2290445,
        author={Zahrotun  Nafidah and Ghanis Putra Widhanarto},
        title={The Influence of Learning Coding Interest on Learning Outcomes of Web Programming and Mobile Devices Subjects},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Science, Education and Technology, ISET 2019, 29th June 2019, Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ISET},
        year={2020},
        month={1},
        keywords={learning outcomes mobile devices web programming coding interest},
        doi={10.4108/eai.29-6-2019.2290445}
    }
    
  • Zahrotun Nafidah
    Ghanis Putra Widhanarto
    Year: 2020
    The Influence of Learning Coding Interest on Learning Outcomes of Web Programming and Mobile Devices Subjects
    ISET
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.29-6-2019.2290445
Zahrotun Nafidah1,*, Ghanis Putra Widhanarto1
  • 1: Universitas Negeri Semarang
*Contact email: nafida.zahrotun@gmail.com

Abstract

Digital startup in indonesia is going rapidly, it caused the need for reliable programmers in challenging of 21st century competences. However, these are not yet fulfilled due to the low interest of students in learning coding. The purpose of this study was to find out how much the influence of learning coding interest on student learning outcomes in the subjects of Web Programming and Mobile Devices conducted at SMK Negeri 8 Semarang. The method used was quantitative research with the type of ex-post-facto research. The population of this study was class XI Software Engineering students totaling 106 students. The study sample was 35 students of class XI Software Engineering 3 using cluster random sampling and data analysis techniques using simple linear regression. The results of the study showed that the learning coding interest variable had a contribution of 43.90% to changes in the variables of student learning outcomes, while the remaining 56.10% was affected by other factors not mentioned in this study. The results of this study are expected to be used as a reference and then followed up in the future learning process in order to improve learning outcomes in related subjects so that the needs of reliable programmers can be fulfilled.