Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Early Childhood Education in Multiperspective, ICECEM 2022, 26th November 2022, Purwokerto, Central Java, Indonesia

Research Article

Efforts to Improve Speaking Skills Through the Storytelling Method

Download126 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.26-11-2022.2342386,
        author={Hartati Ratna  Juita and Asri  Riance},
        title={ Efforts to Improve Speaking Skills Through the Storytelling Method},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Early Childhood Education in Multiperspective, ICECEM 2022, 26th November 2022, Purwokerto, Central Java, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICECEM},
        year={2023},
        month={12},
        keywords={storytelling ability method conversing},
        doi={10.4108/eai.26-11-2022.2342386}
    }
    
  • Hartati Ratna Juita
    Asri Riance
    Year: 2023
    Efforts to Improve Speaking Skills Through the Storytelling Method
    ICECEM
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.26-11-2022.2342386
Hartati Ratna Juita1,*, Asri Riance1
  • 1: University Bina Insan Lubuklinggau
*Contact email: hartatiratna@univbinainsan.ac.id

Abstract

This research is Classroom Action Research (CAR) which is carried out in two cycles, each cycle takes 4 stages, namely planning, implementation, observation, and reflection. The results showed that in the pre-action, 25 students were declared complete, namely 6 students or 24% of students and 19 students or 76% of students declared incomplete. In the first cycle, 13 or 52% of students were declared complete, and 12 or 48% of students were declared incomplete. In the second cycle, 76% or 19 students were declared complete, and 24% or . 6 students declared incomplete. So it is known that there is an increase in students who are declared complete, from pre-action to the first cycle by 28% or 7 students, from the first cycle to the second cycle by 24% or 6 students, so that the overall increase from pre-action to the second cycle is 52% or 13 students. In the pre-action, the average score of class B.3 students was 59.20, then increased to 68.00 in the first cycle, and finally increased to 74.28 in the second cycle. The increase in the average value from pre-action to the first cycle was 8.80 with a percentage of 14.86%, while the increase in the average value from the second cycle was 6.28 with a percentage of 9.24%, so that overall there was an increase in the average value.