Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Advance & Scientific Innovation, ICASI 2020, 20 June 2020, Medan, Indonesia

Research Article

The Impact of Knowledge Management and Digital Literacy to create Opportunities in the 4.0 Industrial Revolution Era

Download729 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.20-6-2020.2300692,
        author={M. Ali Ghufron and Harisa  Mardiana},
        title={The Impact of Knowledge Management and Digital Literacy to create Opportunities in the 4.0 Industrial Revolution Era},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Advance \& Scientific Innovation, ICASI 2020, 20 June 2020, Medan, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICASI},
        year={2020},
        month={9},
        keywords={students opportunities industrial},
        doi={10.4108/eai.20-6-2020.2300692}
    }
    
  • M. Ali Ghufron
    Harisa Mardiana
    Year: 2020
    The Impact of Knowledge Management and Digital Literacy to create Opportunities in the 4.0 Industrial Revolution Era
    ICASI
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.20-6-2020.2300692
M. Ali Ghufron1,*, Harisa Mardiana2
  • 1: Universitas Indraprasta PGRI
  • 2: Universitas Buddhi Dharma
*Contact email: mali.ghufron@gmail.com

Abstract

The use of digital literacy as a knowledge and add the value of innovation are the purpose of this research which is needed in 4.0 Industrial Revolution. By sharing, applying and creating knowledge are the valuable lesson learned to foster continued of learning organization. The fact is many of the educators, lecturers, staff members of universities, technicians and students have difficulty in managing the knowledge of digital literacy and the impact is to lose the opportunities in the era of Industrial Revolution 4.0. There are 142 respondents of the research which are from lecturers, staff member of universities, technicians and students from several university in Tangerang City, Banten, Indonesia. The method of the research is mixed-method of quantitative and qualitative. The result of the research is most of the respondents (111 respondents or 78%) moved to manage the new literacies and the other of (31 respondents or 22% tried to manage themselves to manage the knowledge of digital literacies. This research found that losing digital literacy knowledge would lead to a loss of opportunity in 4.0 Industrial Revolution era.