Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Economics and Business, ICEB 2023, 2-3 August 2023, Padang, Sumatera Barat, Indonesia

Research Article

The Influence of Digital Wallet and Online Shopping Application on Financial Behavior of Generation Z in Pontianak

Download42 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.2-8-2023.2340781,
        author={Apriono Joko  Dede and Dedi  Hariyanto and Heni  Safitri},
        title={The Influence of Digital Wallet and Online  Shopping Application on Financial Behavior of Generation  Z in Pontianak},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Economics and Business, ICEB 2023, 2-3 August 2023, Padang, Sumatera Barat, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICEB},
        year={2024},
        month={6},
        keywords={digital wallet online shopping applications financial behavior},
        doi={10.4108/eai.2-8-2023.2340781}
    }
    
  • Apriono Joko Dede
    Dedi Hariyanto
    Heni Safitri
    Year: 2024
    The Influence of Digital Wallet and Online Shopping Application on Financial Behavior of Generation Z in Pontianak
    ICEB
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.2-8-2023.2340781
Apriono Joko Dede1, Dedi Hariyanto1,*, Heni Safitri1
  • 1: Universitas Muhammadiyah Pontianak
*Contact email: dedi.hariyanto@unmuhpnk.ac.id

Abstract

This is an associative research. The sample for this study was 100 respondents, selected using purposive Sampling. Classical assumption tests used indicate that the data is normally distributed, exhibits linear relationships, and is free from multicollinearity issues. The multiple correlation coefficient indicates an obtained R value of 0.520, suggesting a moderate correlation between Digital Wallet use, Online Shopping Applications and Financial Behavior. Determination coefficient(R2) yielded a value of 0.270 or 27%, indicating that Financial Behavior is influenced by Digital Wallet and Online Shopping Applications by 27%, while the remaining 73% is influenced by other variables not examined in this study. The results of the simultaneous influence test (F-test) indicate that Digital Wallet and Online Shopping combination has a significant influence on Financial Behavior. Furthermore, a partial influence test (t-test) reveals that the variables of Digital Wallet usage and Online Shopping Applications significantly affect financial behavior