Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Religion and Mental Health, ICRMH 2019, 18 - 19 September 2019, Jakarta, Indonesia

Research Article

The Influence of Enjoyment of Web Experience and Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence on The Hedonic Consumer Lifestyle

Download518 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.18-9-2019.2293470,
        author={Akhmad  Baidun and Indira Cahya Fitriya},
        title={The Influence of Enjoyment of Web Experience and Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence on The Hedonic Consumer Lifestyle},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Religion and Mental Health, ICRMH 2019, 18 - 19 September 2019, Jakarta, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICRMH},
        year={2020},
        month={3},
        keywords={the hedonic consumer lifestyle enjoyment of web experience susceptibility to interpersonal influence},
        doi={10.4108/eai.18-9-2019.2293470}
    }
    
  • Akhmad Baidun
    Indira Cahya Fitriya
    Year: 2020
    The Influence of Enjoyment of Web Experience and Susceptibility to Interpersonal Influence on The Hedonic Consumer Lifestyle
    ICRMH
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.18-9-2019.2293470
Akhmad Baidun1,*, Indira Cahya Fitriya1
  • 1: Universitas Islam Negeri Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta, Indonesia
*Contact email: akhmad.baidun@uinjkt.ac.id

Abstract

The lifestyle of shopping in the era of e-commerce is now an interesting phenomenon. This research aimed to prove the effect of enjoyment of web experience and susceptibility to interpersonal influence on the hedonic consumer lifestyle. The validity test of the instrument used the Confirmatory Factor Analysis (CFA) method and research data analysis techniques used multiple regression analysis. Activity Interest Opinion (AIO) was used to retrieve the hedonic consumer lifestyle variable data (Kwan et al. 2008). Enjoyment of Web Experiences Scale developed by Lin et al. (2008) is used to retrieve data from the Enjoyment of web experience. Susceptibility to interpersonal influence data uses a SUSCEP scale measuring tool developed by Park and Lessig (1977). The proportion of all independent variable variants namely engagement, positive affect, fulfillment, normative influence and informational influence on the hedonic consumer lifestyle was 11.7% while the remaining 88.3% is influenced by other variables out of this study. The minor hypothesis test found that only one significant regression coefficient was fulfillment, meant that the fulfillment variable had a significant effect on the hedonic consumer lifestyle. While other variables, namely engagement, positive affect, normative influence, and informational influence, did not influence significantly the hedonic consumer lifestyle.