Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Religion and Mental Health, ICRMH 2019, 18 - 19 September 2019, Jakarta, Indonesia

Research Article

EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL CAPITAL AND GRATITUDE ON SUBJECTIVE WELL-BEING YOUNG MOTHER OF HIJRAH COMMUNITIES IN JAKARTA

Download531 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.18-9-2019.2293469,
        author={Akhmad  Baidun and Abdul Rahman Shaleh and Miftahuddin  Miftahuddin and Liany  Luzvinda and Desi Yustari Muhtar},
        title={EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL CAPITAL AND GRATITUDE ON SUBJECTIVE WELL-BEING YOUNG MOTHER OF HIJRAH COMMUNITIES IN JAKARTA},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Religion and Mental Health, ICRMH 2019, 18 - 19 September 2019, Jakarta, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICRMH},
        year={2020},
        month={3},
        keywords={subjective well being psychological capital gratitude jakarta hijrah community},
        doi={10.4108/eai.18-9-2019.2293469}
    }
    
  • Akhmad Baidun
    Abdul Rahman Shaleh
    Miftahuddin Miftahuddin
    Liany Luzvinda
    Desi Yustari Muhtar
    Year: 2020
    EFFECT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL CAPITAL AND GRATITUDE ON SUBJECTIVE WELL-BEING YOUNG MOTHER OF HIJRAH COMMUNITIES IN JAKARTA
    ICRMH
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.18-9-2019.2293469
Akhmad Baidun1,*, Abdul Rahman Shaleh1, Miftahuddin Miftahuddin1, Liany Luzvinda1, Desi Yustari Muhtar1
  • 1: Universitas Islam Negeri Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta, Indonesia
*Contact email: akhmad.baidun@uinjkt.ac.id

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to prove the influence of psychological capital and gratitude to subjective well being on young mother of Jabodetabek Hijrah Community. This study involved 186 young mothers who had daughters or sons. The sampling was done using nonprobability sampling, specifically accidental sampling. The instruments used consisted of a Flourishing Scale (FS) and Scale for Positive and Negative Scales (SPANS), modified from Diener, Wirtz, Biswas- Diener, Tov, Kim-prieto, Choi, and Oishi [7], the Psychological Capital Questionnaire, 12 (PCQ-12) from Luthan, Youssef, and Avolio [4]. Testing the validity of the instrument, we used confirmatory factor analysis (CFA) and testing the hypothesis used multiple regression analyses.The results of the study prove that there was the influence of from psychological capital (self-efficacy, optimism, hope and resiliency) and gratitude towards subjective well being of the young mother of the Jabodetabek Hijrah Community. Based on coefficient regression testing indicated that 3 variables influenced subjective well being, i.e. optimism, hope, and a self of abundance. In this study, the proportion of variance of subjective well being explained by all independent variables was 22.3%, while the remaining 77.7% was influenced by other variables outside of this study.