Proceedings of the 6th International Seminar on Psychology, ISPsy 2023, 18-19 July 2023, Purwokerto, Central Java, Indonesia

Research Article

The Effect of Risk Perception and Self-Control on Preventive Behaviour After Covid-19 Vaccination

Download73 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.18-7-2023.2343403,
        author={Laela Suci Nurhidayah and Fahrul  Rozi and Dewi  Trihandayani},
        title={The Effect of Risk Perception and Self-Control on Preventive Behaviour After Covid-19 Vaccination},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 6th International Seminar on Psychology, ISPsy 2023, 18-19 July 2023, Purwokerto, Central Java, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ISPSY},
        year={2024},
        month={2},
        keywords={control perception preventive vaccine},
        doi={10.4108/eai.18-7-2023.2343403}
    }
    
  • Laela Suci Nurhidayah
    Fahrul Rozi
    Dewi Trihandayani
    Year: 2024
    The Effect of Risk Perception and Self-Control on Preventive Behaviour After Covid-19 Vaccination
    ISPSY
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.18-7-2023.2343403
Laela Suci Nurhidayah1, Fahrul Rozi1,*, Dewi Trihandayani1
  • 1: University of Muhammadiyah Prof. DR. HAMKA
*Contact email: fahrulrozi@uhamka.ac.id

Abstract

Perception of the risk of being infected with COVID-19 and also self-control are two predictors of the community continuing to implement health protocols after the COVID-19 vaccination. This study aims to determine the relationship and influence between risk perception and self-control on preventive behavior carried out after the COVID-19 vaccination. Respondents in this study totaled 312 people with the criteria of having been vaccinated against COVID-19, having an age range of 19–45 years, and being domiciled in JABODETABEK. This study collected data by distributing online questionnaires. The study used a quantitative approach using the purposive sampling technique. The scales used in this study are COVID-19 Risk Perception, Brief Self-Control Scale (BSCS), and Preventive Behavior Scale, and analysis using Pearson Correlation and Hierarchical Multiple Regression. The results of the study obtained R squares of 0.071 and 0.137 (P< 0.01), which means that risk perception has a significant positive effect on preventive behavior by 7.1%, and when risk perception is interacted with self-control together, the results show that both affect preventive behavior by 13.7%, the remaining 86.3% is influenced by other variables not studied. The recommendations in this study encourage the community to perceive that COVID-19 still has risks that can attack health conditions and to continue to control themselves to maintain health.