Proceedings of the 7th International Colloquium on Interdisciplinary Islamic Studies (ICIIS) in conjunction with the 6th Annual Postgraduate Conference on Muslim Society (APCoMS), ICIIS and APCoMS 2024, 17–18 June 2024, Banjarmasin, Indonesia

Research Article

Millennial Generation Intentions in Choosing Housing: Comparison of Sharia and General Housing

Download10 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.17-6-2024.2349064,
        author={Nur  Hidayah and Rahmawati  Rahmawati},
        title={Millennial Generation Intentions in Choosing Housing: Comparison of Sharia and General Housing},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 7th International Colloquium on Interdisciplinary Islamic Studies (ICIIS) in conjunction with the 6th Annual Postgraduate Conference on Muslim Society (APCoMS), ICIIS and APCoMS 2024, 17--18 June 2024, Banjarmasin, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICIIS AND APCOMS},
        year={2024},
        month={7},
        keywords={property industry sharia housing tpb theory of planned behavior religiosity prices intentions},
        doi={10.4108/eai.17-6-2024.2349064}
    }
    
  • Nur Hidayah
    Rahmawati Rahmawati
    Year: 2024
    Millennial Generation Intentions in Choosing Housing: Comparison of Sharia and General Housing
    ICIIS AND APCOMS
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.17-6-2024.2349064
Nur Hidayah1,*, Rahmawati Rahmawati1
  • 1: Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University Jakarta, Indonesia
*Contact email: nurhidayah@uinjkt.ac.id

Abstract

This research investigates the impact of attitudes, subjective norms, perceived behavioral control, religiosity, and pricing on the millennial generation's purchasing intentions for Sharia-compliant versus general housing in the Jabodetabek region. The data analysis technique employed was logistic regression using E-Views 12 and SPSS 26 software. Data were obtained by distributing questionnaires using a purposive sampling technique referring to the Hair formula so that 120 respondents were obtained. The results of this study show a difference in terms of Jabodetabek millennial intentions, which tend to prefer sharia housing, namely 68.3%, while the remaining 31.7% choose public housing. Then, the variables of attitude, perception of behavior control, and significantly affectcIntentionntion. At the same time, subjective norms and religious variables do not significantly affect the purchase intention for housing. All variables simultaneously Influence attention. The nature of millennial generation tends to have an open and broad mind but still prioritizes self-control, which seems to explain such purchase intention. This research could provide recommendations for housing developers in formulating marketing programs and policymakers with regard to residential housing policies.