Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Science Education in Industrial Revolution 4.0, ICONSEIR, December 17th,2019, Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia

Research Article

Development of Contextual Learning Models in Improving the Multiple Intelligence of Early Childhood

Download227 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.17-12-2019.2296015,
        author={Sariana  Marbun and Peny Husna Handayani and Jasper  Simanjuntak and Wan Nova Listia},
        title={Development of Contextual Learning Models in Improving the Multiple Intelligence of Early Childhood},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference of Science Education in Industrial Revolution 4.0, ICONSEIR, December 17th,2019, Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICONSEIR},
        year={2020},
        month={6},
        keywords={contextual learning model multiple intelligence early childhood},
        doi={10.4108/eai.17-12-2019.2296015}
    }
    
  • Sariana Marbun
    Peny Husna Handayani
    Jasper Simanjuntak
    Wan Nova Listia
    Year: 2020
    Development of Contextual Learning Models in Improving the Multiple Intelligence of Early Childhood
    ICONSEIR
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.17-12-2019.2296015
Sariana Marbun1,*, Peny Husna Handayani1, Jasper Simanjuntak1, Wan Nova Listia1
  • 1: Faculty of Education, Universitas Negeri Medan
*Contact email: sariana.marbun1961@gmail.com

Abstract

This study aims to describe the process of developing a contextual learning model in improving multiple intelligence in early childhood, as well as describing a valid contextual learning model that can be used by teachers to improve multiple intelligence in early childhood. The development of the Context Learning Model is carried out through Research Development (R&D) with the Borg and Gall Model which is grouped into 4 stages, namely, the preliminary stage, planning and development, evaluation and revision, and dissemination. The instrument used was a validation sheet to test the feasibility of the mode and the response sheet to be filled out by the teacher. The contextual learning model that can be used to improve the multiple intelligence of early childhood is validated by one expert in Educational Technology and one Early Childhood Education Expert and shows that the learning model is very valid with an average value of 5.02. Teacher responses showed good results, as many as 75% of teachers stated very agree with this learning model, the remaining 25% agreed. The results of the study recommend the need for early childhood education teachers to apply the Contextual Learning Model in developing the Early Childhood multiple Intelligence.