Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Economic and Social Science, ICON-ESS, 17–18 October 2018, Banda Aceh, Indonesia

Research Article

Effect Of Work Motivation On Teachers Of Junior High School Teachers In Muaro Jambi District

Download528 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.17-10-2018.2294090,
        author={Yusdi  Andra and Denny  Denmar and Zuhri Saputra Hutabarat and Apriani Tamarito S},
        title={Effect Of Work Motivation On Teachers Of Junior High School Teachers In Muaro Jambi District},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Economic and Social Science, ICON-ESS, 17--18 October 2018, Banda Aceh, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICON-ESS},
        year={2020},
        month={4},
        keywords={work motivation teacher performance},
        doi={10.4108/eai.17-10-2018.2294090}
    }
    
  • Yusdi Andra
    Denny Denmar
    Zuhri Saputra Hutabarat
    Apriani Tamarito S
    Year: 2020
    Effect Of Work Motivation On Teachers Of Junior High School Teachers In Muaro Jambi District
    ICON-ESS
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.17-10-2018.2294090
Yusdi Andra1, Denny Denmar1, Zuhri Saputra Hutabarat1,*, Apriani Tamarito S1
  • 1: Jambi University, Indonesia
*Contact email: zuhri.saputra.hutabarat@gmail.com

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of work motivation on the performance of teachers in public junior high schools in Muaro Jambi. This research uses descriptive quantitative method with survey techniques. The population in this study were all teachers of Muaro Jambi District Junior High School totaling 973 people. The sampling technique in this study was carried out by random sampling technique, and the level of trust equal to or more than .10.0.10, using representative intrapolation calculations to obtain a sample of 150 teachers. The variables in this study consist of one independent variable, namely work motivation (X) and one dependent variable, namely teacher performance (Y). Data collection techniques are carried out using a closed questionnaire / questionnaire. The results of the data collection are then analyzed using a simple regression analysis test and the analysis of the coefficient of determination is aided by using the SPSS version 16.0 for Windows application program. The results of the study showed that work motivation had a significant and positive effect on the performance of teachers of public junior high schools in Muaro Jambi District with a contribution of 32.3%, the remaining 67.7% of teacher performance in Muaro Jambi District Middle School was influenced by other factors not addressed in the study. this.