Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Economic and Education, ICON 2021, 14 - 15 December 2021, Padang-West Sumatra, Indonesia

Research Article

Online Learning: Impact on Learning Loss?

Download222 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.14-12-2021.2318318,
        author={Ai Nur  Solihat and Ati  Sadiah and Gugum  Gumilar},
        title={Online Learning: Impact on Learning Loss?},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Economic and Education, ICON 2021, 14 - 15 December 2021, Padang-West Sumatra, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICON},
        year={2022},
        month={7},
        keywords={online learning; learning loss},
        doi={10.4108/eai.14-12-2021.2318318}
    }
    
  • Ai Nur Solihat
    Ati Sadiah
    Gugum Gumilar
    Year: 2022
    Online Learning: Impact on Learning Loss?
    ICON
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.14-12-2021.2318318
Ai Nur Solihat1,*, Ati Sadiah1, Gugum Gumilar1
  • 1: Department of Economic, Siliwangi University, Jl. Siliwangi No 24 Tasikmalaya City, West Java, Indonesia
*Contact email: ainursolihat@unsil.ac.id

Abstract

The impact of online learning on learning loss during the Covid 19 epidemic, which is the subject of this study, was investigated using the explanatory survey approach. A total of 97 students from the Department of Economics Education participated in the study. To establish the influence of online learning on learning loss, the data analysis technique employed descriptive analysis to determine the description of online learning and learning loss, and simple linear regression analysis to determine the effect of online learning on learning loss. According to the findings, online learning is a good option, whereas learning loss is a middling one. The magnitude of t count > t table and the magnitude of R square of 0.645 indicate that online learning has a positive and significant effect on learning loss, implying that online learning has a 64.5 percent effect on learning loss and the remaining 35.5 percent is influenced by other factors not investigated.