Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Finance Economics and Business, ICOFEB 2018, 12-13 November 2018, Lhokseumawe, Aceh, Indonesia

Research Article

The Influence of Brand Image and Word of Mouth on Interests to Buy of Consumers of Yamaha N-MAX Motorcycle in Lhokseumawe City

Download42 downloads
  • @INPROCEEDINGS{10.4108/eai.12-11-2018.2288822,
        author={T.  Edyansyah},
        title={The Influence of Brand Image and Word of Mouth on Interests to Buy of Consumers of Yamaha N-MAX Motorcycle in Lhokseumawe City},
        proceedings={Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Finance Economics and Business, ICOFEB 2018, 12-13 November 2018, Lhokseumawe, Aceh, Indonesia},
        publisher={EAI},
        proceedings_a={ICOFEB},
        year={2019},
        month={10},
        keywords={brand image word of mouth buy interest},
        doi={10.4108/eai.12-11-2018.2288822}
    }
    
  • T. Edyansyah
    Year: 2019
    The Influence of Brand Image and Word of Mouth on Interests to Buy of Consumers of Yamaha N-MAX Motorcycle in Lhokseumawe City
    ICOFEB
    EAI
    DOI: 10.4108/eai.12-11-2018.2288822
T. Edyansyah1,*
  • 1: Faculty of Economyc and Business, Universitas Malikussaleh, Aceh Utara, Indonesia
*Contact email: tedyansyah@unimal.ac.id

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of brand image and word of mouth on consumer buying interest of Yamaha N-MAX motorbikes in Lhokseumawe City. The population in this study were consumers who bought a Yamaha N-MAX motorcycle in Lhokseumawe City. Data collection techniques used are questionnaires and literature studies. The questionnaires distributed to 63 consumers who purchased Yamaha N-MAX motorcycle products in Lhokseumawe City. The value of the correlation coefficient (R) is obtained at 0.525 and the value of adjusted R2 is 0.252 or 25.2% and the remaining 74.8% is influenced by other factors outside the research model. Based on the partial test results (t test), the variable brand image (X1) obtained tcount 2.074> t table 2.001, where that the brand image (X1) has a significant effect on consumer buying interest of Yamaha N-MAX motorcycles in Lhokseumawe City, with a significance level 0,000. For simultaneous testing, obtained the value of Fcount 11.427> Ftable 3.15, where simultaneously or simultaneously independent variables consisting of brand image (X1) and word of mouth (X2) significantly influence the consumer buying interest variable (Y) with significant level of 0.000.