With the recent advances in computing and information technologies, we are seeing unprecedented opportunities for increased electronic collaborations among individuals and distributed teams of humans, computer systems and applications, and/or a highly heterogeneous set of computing devices. Computi…
With the recent advances in computing and information technologies, we are seeing unprecedented opportunities for increased electronic collaborations among individuals and distributed teams of humans, computer systems and applications, and/or a highly heterogeneous set of computing devices. Computing technologies have continued to evolve from standalone tools, to open systems and from general purpose tools to specialized collaboration grids and infrastructures that facilitate intensive collaboration in multi-organizational settings, as well as in the context of global scale social interactions and worksharing. Such collaborations are enabling large and globally dispersed organizations to achieve a much higher level of productivity and jointly produce innovative and powerful products that would be impossible to develop without the contributions of multiple collaborators. Novel collaboration solutions that fully realize the promises of electronic collaboration, and pushes the limits of human endeavor, productivity and discovery require innovations and advancements in broad areas of computing including networking, systems and applications, user interfaces and interaction paradigms, and seamless interoperation among system, network and application-specific components and tools.
The goal of this journal is to serve as a premier international venue for publishing innovative and cutting edge research results in theory as well as applied systems, applications and networking areas that enable intensive and efficient collaboration across and among networked cyber-physical and social systems and applications, individuals as well as enterprises. Sample topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical foundations and algorithms for collaborative networks, applications, and worksharing
- Architectures, protocols, and enabling technologies for collaborative networks, systems and applications
- Autonomic computing and quality of services in collaborative networks, systems, and applications
- Collaboration in context-aware, pervasive, cloud computing, social networking, and cyber physical environments
- Collaborative multimedia systems/applications, large scale databases and BigData
- Collaboration in e-health, e-learning, e-government, and digital libraries
- Collaborative network infrastructures such as body area networks, wireless sensor networks, VANETS, mobile networks, etc.
- Models and mechanisms for real-time and large scale collaboration, information sharing and worksharing
- Security, privacy, resiliency/survivability and trust management in collaborative networks, systems, and applications
- Simulation, performance evaluation, experiments, and case studies of collaborative environments
- Collaborative web services technologies, business processes, workflows, and service-oriented systems and architectures